• PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

American Idol Contest

General discussion not related to Sports Cars (no offensive language permitted)

Re: American Idol Contest

Postby Airium » Wed May 21, 2008 10:40 pm

As much as I regret not listening to your advice about the tie-breaker, I gotta give it up to you. You pulled it out. It was a lot of fun going back and forth with you this whole time. Defn added a level of fun and interest.

I will get your money to you soon. I still have 4 to collect from but I won't wait for them. I just have to decide the best route. Got any requests on how best to get it to you? Paypal maybe?
Airium

Postby saMxp » Wed May 21, 2008 10:44 pm

Airium wrote:Alright. Even though we are going to disagree COMPLETELY, I'm curious what your final order would be based on their overall performances. If it were all up to you (G_d help us), what order would you put them in?

Ok! This'll be a fun way to explore some "what if's" now that it's over.

Obviously, knowing what I know now, I would pick them precisely how they finished, and ended up with zero points. Except I'd switch Syesha and Carly just because of the awfulness that was Tobacco Road and all the points she cost me, LOL
But, in order of MY preference, based on all we've heard, I would go:

David Cook
Michael Johns
Brooke White
David Archuleta
Carly Smith
Jason Castro
Syesha Mercado
Chikezie
Kristy Lee Cook
David Hernandez
Ramiele Malubay
Amanda Overmyer

And now I get to sit back and be entertained by how comical it will be when you become outraged at my own personal preferences. LOL
saMxp

Postby saMxp » Wed May 21, 2008 10:45 pm

Airium wrote:As much as I regret not listening to your advice about the tie-breaker, I gotta give it up to you. You pulled it out. It was a lot of fun going back and forth with you this whole time. Defn added a level of fun and interest.

I will get your money to you soon. I still have 4 to collect from but I won't wait for them. I just have to decide the best route. Got any requests on how best to get it to you? Paypal maybe?
Paypal would be boring. You should buy something hilarious on ebay, or something. haha
saMxp

Postby Airium » Wed May 21, 2008 11:00 pm

saMxp wrote:Paypal would be boring. You should buy something hilarious on ebay, or something. haha

You mean buy something for you with your winnings?
Airium

Postby Airium » Wed May 21, 2008 11:54 pm

Alright. First of all, I'm going to assume that you are just being funny to put Brooke ahead of Archy. He has, hands down, unquestionably, the best vocals of the season by a mile. So, to put him 4th is clearly an attempt to create dissention.

I agree Johns should be higher but not 2nd. There is absolutely no chance that Brooke is a top 4 performer. There are 3 levels: top 4, middle 4, and bottom 4. Some could arguably go in the top of one or bottom of another. But many are easily placed in a particular group. Cook, Archy and Johns are easily top 4. Overmyer, Hernandez and Ramiele are easily bottom 4. Brooke, and Castro are easily middle 4.

So, even though you clearly don't care what I think since you didn't ask, I'm going to put it in writing anyway.

12. Overmyer (this is where I woulda had her before if not for VFTW)
11. Hernandez
10. Ramiele
9. KLC
8. Chikeze
7. Castro
6. Brooke
5. Syeysha
4. Carly
3. Johns
2. see #1
1. Archy for vocals/Cook for overall performance

Unlike you, I am able to give an honest judgement of those that I liked as well as those I didn't. As much as I like Syesha, she didn't deserve 3rd. As much as I really didn't care for Carly (and her tats), she deserved better than 6th. As boring as Castro was, he was steady so I still kept him ahead of others who were less consistent.

The best thing about this is compared to my initial picks, only 2 ppl moved up more than 1 place and 2 moved down more than 1. I swapped 3 and 4, 5 and 6, dropped Ramiele and Overmyer 3 each, raised KLC and Chikeze 3 each, and Castro and Hernandez moved 1 spot each. Based on this order, I woulda gotten 22 points.

That's it...that's the list!
Airium

Postby saMxp » Thu May 22, 2008 8:26 am

Oh believe me, I was looking forward to your list. It's pretty much as I expected, though. Our lists are similar, the primary difference being when you take into account our difference in styles. This difference being what prevents you from recognizing Cook as the outright winner, and seeing through Brooke's faults to recognize her talents as a performer. I put her ahead of Archuleta on purpose. This list wasn't about who we think would win, because then I'd still have Archy in 2nd. But this is the list of my own personal preference. If each of them came out with a CD - which would get play time?
Truthfully, I would probably bump Archy down even further, below Carly, simply because I'm not confident he can put out a CD I would listen to, at all. But that's just me!

This is not to say I don't recognize vocal ability, and chose solely on star performance. If I thought Archuleta could really be competitive on vocals alone, competing with the likes of Josh Groban, then I might be inclined to push him up the list. But let's face it - he's going to be competing with the Hannah Montanas and Jonas Brothers for an audience. And he'll be wildly successful at it. But it's just not what I listen to, that's all.

And yes, on the ebay idea, if you're up to it. I think it would be funny. Otherwise, paypal is cool. I'm in no rush to collect, though. I was just joking about it.
saMxp

Postby Airium » Thu May 22, 2008 9:12 am

I still think your crush on Brooke is getting in the way of you seeing her for what she really is. I still have her at 6 so it's not like I think she sucks. But, she's not top 4 material and I say that with overwhelming confidence. Archy is top 2 and I say that with even more. I could see him starting slow b/c he's not going to be good at the bubble gum pop that they're gonna push on him. But, in a few years when he gets to use his talent properly, he will be a star.

As for the money, you do realize this is your $30? And, $3 of it was originally yours. So, you really want me to spend your money? I mean, I will but I just wanna make sure first. Problem is, I am waaaayyyy too practical to buy you something as a gag gift. I would end up buying something practical.
Airium

Postby saMxp » Thu May 22, 2008 10:48 am

Dude, you have no imagination! LOL
Paypal: sammyxp@yahoo.com

Archuleta is going to grow in leaps and bounds as he matures. The way I see it, he's actually going to have two careers (i.e. Justin Timberlake). One for the teens, and then a new career after a hiatus. I can't wait to see what he comes up with in ten years.

I see Brooke for just what she is - a talented performer that is passionate about music. She doesn't just implement it, she performs it. Might not have the vessel that Archuleta, or even Syesha, has. But what she accomplishes with what she has does more for me than either.
saMxp

Previous

Return to Off Topic