• PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

American Idol Contest

General discussion not related to Sports Cars (no offensive language permitted)

Re: American Idol Contest

Postby Airium » Wed May 21, 2008 11:43 am

Thanks for posting that info. Interesting to see the comparisons.

We agree that Hernandez is statistically irrelevant b/c he just wasn't around long enough; Castro went too late and Johns went too early. Also, Cook was expected to be gone too soon by our group. Otherwise, the averages did well for a reason, which is why I tracked that b/c I thought the average input from all 11 of us would give a pretty accurate distribution.

My only other note would be that last night did show a disparity in that Archy was noticeably better. Again, I'm not saying he IS better, but he was last night. I still have to wonder if Cook doesn't really want to win. Like Bo Bice did, he may be wanting to finish 2nd.
Airium

Postby saMxp » Wed May 21, 2008 11:48 am

Bice was a crackhead. Or Meth, or whatever his drug of choice was. Shame, since he had so much potential. I've rooted for the rockers in every season, and I might finally get my way this year!

FWIW, it should come as no surprise to you two that I totally disagree with Simon on Archuleta scoring a "knockout". While I did concede that Cook didn't do as well as I'd hoped, I personally have Cook winning 2 out of 3 rounds. Just my preference, I suppose.
saMxp

Postby Airium » Wed May 21, 2008 11:57 am

Based on that analysis, my advice is to stop sharing needles with Bice. There is absolutely NO CHANCE Cook won 2 rounds. I might concede a draw in 1 or even 2 if I'm being very generous but no chance did he win any.
Airium

Postby saMxp » Wed May 21, 2008 2:03 pm

Yeah I guess you missed the part where I said "It's just my preference."
saMxp

Postby Airium » Wed May 21, 2008 2:05 pm

No, I saw it.
Airium

Postby Airium » Wed May 21, 2008 3:42 pm

What happened to the "I am your brother..." guy? I thought they'd bring him back. Maybe he will "perform" tonight.
Airium

Postby saMxp » Wed May 21, 2008 4:58 pm

Airium wrote:What happened to the "I am your brother..." guy? I thought they'd bring him back. Maybe he will "perform" tonight.
I hope so! I did see him flash on the screen for a second last night, though.
saMxp

Postby Airium » Wed May 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Yeah, I saw that too. Must be what made me think of him.

Did you notice the ONLY 2 people they mentioned as "going home too early" and having had "surprising eliminations" were Carly and Johns (my 3rd and 4th picks). What coulda been!
Airium

Postby Airium » Wed May 21, 2008 8:47 pm

Alright. Even though we are going to disagree COMPLETELY, I'm curious what your final order would be based on their overall performances. If it were all up to you (G_d help us), what order would you put them in?
Airium

Postby saMxp » Wed May 21, 2008 10:31 pm

Before I say anything else, I'd like to thank the Academy, my family and friends, and last, but certainly not least, my Lord J_sus Chr_st.

I'll need a few days to figure out how I'd like my winnings. If I take all of it now, do I still get the full winnings? Or do I need to disperse it over a few years to get the full amount? Actually, I ought to have the winnings donated to Archuleta's family. haha

Seriously, though, this contest has definitely made this show more interesting. It has made me nearly loathe contestants that cost me BIG points (Syesha!) and pull for contestants for which I didn't care that much. We need to do this again next year, for sure!
saMxp

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic